Call for Papers: CLOSED
Please be on the lookout for the list of accepted presentations, round table discussions, posters and lightning talks on this page in mid-January 2020.
The Papers & Presentations Committee is accepting proposals on
topics related to business librarianship in a variety of presentation
formats. We especially encourage proposal submissions from librarians
who work at smaller institutions in the South or for whom
business/entrepreneurship is only one of their responsibilities.
"I have not failed. I have found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Thomas Edison
Conference presentations often center around success stories and those
instances when everything goes exactly to plan. While success stories
are great, we want to encourage the sharing of failures and the lessons
learned from them at SOUCABL: Chapter 2. It is often our failures that
teach us the most powerful lessons. What issues are you dealing with?
What strategies are you using to combat limited resources &
staffing? What worked? What didn't work? We want to hear everything.
Suggested topics may include, but are not limited to:
* Instruction & teaching strategies
* Outreach (to students, faculty, campus partners, community members, etc.) and partnerships
* When business is not your only specialty or focus
* Research strategies & resources
* Collection development for both physical & electronic resources
* Failures or challenges you face in all of the above aspects of librarianship
Select a format for your proposal.
* Presentations will be 15 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A.
* Round Table Discussion
* Round Tables are small, informal group discussions lasting 60
minutes. They are opportunities to share information, discuss successes
and failures, and exchange best practices and network with others around
* The poster session is an opportunity to share your innovative
project, best practices, failure stories, and issues related to business
librarianship. If you would like a template, consider using the ones
found here: https://osf.io/ef53g/